Range 129 Safety Policies
Safety is every person’s responsibility.
Before you enter our shooting ranges, you are required to view a brief safety video or listen to a safety briefing from our Range Safety Officers. This video informs you of the uniqueness of our range, the equipment and our range safety rules. Signing a waiver and filing it with Range 129 is standard before use.
Our Range Masters and Range Safety Officers are vigilant to help keep the range safe. If you need or request advice or help with your shooting, our staff is here to help. And if you become aware of a safety issue at Range 129, please contact a safety officer immediately. The expectation of Range 129 is that all members and guests handle firearms safely and responsibly.
SAFETY, WE CAN’T STRESS IT ENOUGH!
When it comes to firearms and safety, there’s no such thing as too much. Everything we do here at Range 129 is aimed at helping gun owners be safer and more responsible every time you use your weapon. We value and adhere to the Four Universal Rules of Gun Safety.
The 4 Universal Rules of Gun Safety
All Guns are always loaded
Never point your weapon at anything other than the target
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot
Be certain of your target and what’s beyond it
Range 129 SAFETY RULES
IN ADDITION TO THE FOUR UNIVERSAL RULES, Range 129 HAS ITS OWN SAFETY GUIDELINES DESIGNED TO KEEP OUR GUESTS, OUR STAFF, OUR FACILITY AND ALL THE ACTIVITIES AND TRAINING THAT TAKE PLACE HERE AS SAFE AND SECURE AS POSSIBLE.
If you observe a violation of these range rules, please bring it to the attention of any staff member and we will take immediate corrective action. It is our goal to provide you with a safe and fun range experience. Thank you from Staff and Management!
1. Keep your firearm unloaded and cased until you enter your shooting stall. Do not enter the store with a loaded firearm. UNCASE ALL FIREARMS IN THE SHOOTING STALLS ONLY! NO FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED BEHIND THE STALLS. All firearms must be in a securely fastened case, gun box, or securely tied package. Firearms will be inspected at the check-in counter at the request of Range 129’s staff. Any firearms or ammunition found to be unsafe or unserviceable will NOT be allowed onto the range.
2. When leaving the range area, ensure all firearms are unloaded and cased.
3. Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while in the ranges, this includes entering the airlocks. I agree that prior to participating in or observing any shooting activities, I will inspect the Facilities, firearms and ammunition to be used and if I believe anything is unsafe, for any reason, I will advise a Team Member and will leave the unsafe portion of the Facilities immediately.
4. Always keep firearms unloaded and your finger off the trigger until you are in the stall, on target and ready to shoot.
5. Dry firing is permitted from the shooting stall only.
6. If you have a jam or malfunction and cannot clear the issue yourself, keep firearm pointed down range and raise your non-shooting hand. A Range Safety Officer (RSO) will be there to assist. Please follow the RSO’s instructions. DO NOT REMOVE THE FIREARM FROM THE SHOOTING STALL!
7. Do not hand a loaded firearm to another person. Make the firearm safe by engaging the safety (if applicable), removing the magazine, locking the slide to the rear, and visually and physically inspecting the chamber to be sure it’s safe and empty. Place the unloaded firearm on the shooting bench with the action open, safety on, muzzle pointed down range and the ejection port facing up. The next person can then pick up a safe and empty weapon.
8. All Long guns must be bagged or cased.
9. Commands issued by a Range Safety Officer (RSO) must be followed immediately. When the command “CEASE FIRE” is given: STOP SHOOTING immediately and REMOVE your finger from the trigger; keep the firearm POINTED DOWN RANGE, and WAIT for further instructions from an RSO.
10. Range 129 requires newly manufactured commercial ammunition at all times on Range 129. I will be totally responsible for using the correct ammunition for the firearms I am using. Black powder, steel core, tracers, armor piercing, incendiary, steel/aluminum cased, birdshot/ buckshot or other exotic ammunition is strictly prohibited. Slugs are the only ammunition permitted to be fired from a shotgun. No ammunition that contains ‘shot’ will be allowed on the range. When using Range 129’s rental firearms only ammunition purchased at Range 129 will be permitted.
11. Minimum age of use for our facility is 10 years old. All shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times on the range.
12. Two people maximum per lane – other guests must remain in the retail area and can watch through the viewing windows. Only one shooter may fire at a time.
13. No cross-lane shooting. Shooting at anything other than your own target is prohibited and will subject you to immediate removal from the range.
14. No one is permitted across the firing line at any time. Request a Range Safety Officer (RSO) to retrieve any equipment that falls beyond the firing line.
15. Range129, LLC reserves the right to deny the use of targets on the range that may be deemed offensive or unsafe.
16. Use the appropriate size target, placed on the cardboard backing, to ensure that your shot strikes the backstop and not the floor, ceiling, or target carrier.
17. No uncontrolled fast or rapid firing allowed. Allow at least one (1) second between shots. Any hazardous behavior will result in immediate dismissal from the premises.
18. Firing a shot that results in damage to any range equipment may result in a repair fee and/or immediate removal from the range. I acknowledge and fully understand that I and all others engaged in shooting, coaching, observing or training with firearms at Range 129 will be engages in activities that involve inherent risks of serious personal injury including disability or death and sever social and economic losses, which might result from my actions or inactions or the actions or inactions of others; such risks include but are not limited to:
My failure to abide by firearms safety rules or to properly handle or use firearms or ammunition;
The failure of others to abide by firearms safety rules or to properly handle or use firearms or ammunition;
The characteristics, including the design, manufacturing or other defects, of any firearm or ammunition being used by myself or others at Range 129;
19. Food, beverages, and tobacco are not allowed in the ranges. Smoking or vaping is strictly prohibited on Range129, LLC property.
20. Wearing or drawing from a holster is permitted on the 2 opposing end lanes for Law Enforcement Officers and those who have successfully passed our Basic Holster course.
21. Report all violations of range rules to range staff.
22. Range129, LLC reserves the right to refuse services and membership to any individual who, in our judgment, would endanger the safety of our staff or patrons. Any unsafe conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the range without refund.
23. I understand that I may be under video surveillance, photographed or electronically recorded by some other means. I understand that I may be identifiable from such photographic, electronic or video reproductions. I further understand the releases may use such recordings or reproductions for advertising, promotions, education or any other reason the releases may deem appropriate.
24. Range129, LLC’s bullet traps are designed to handle handgun and rifle calibers under .50 caliber. If you are unsure if your firearm may be shot on the range, please ask a Team member for assistance.
25. Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to properly operate it. Please see a Range Safety Officer (RSO) if you have any questions.
26. Negligent, accidental, unintentional discharges, damages or injuries (no matter how minor) must be reported to a Range Safety Officer (RSO) immediately.
27. All shooters must view the safety video or in person instruction provided at Range 129 LLC.
28. Proper attire must be worn to shoot at Range 129 LLC. No open toes shoes, or high heels. We suggest comfortable tennis shoes. This dress code is in place for your safety and to prevent hot brass making contact with your skin. Range 129 LLC reserves the right to refuse anyone to shoot at our facility for dress code.
29. Range 129 LLC staff has the final authority.